Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Obama Will Win Today

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal."--Emma Goldman.

The election is today. I voted for Gary Johnson, and I'm still calling it for Obama. My father will most certainly blame the libertarian-minded types for Obama's win.

There's some truth to that charge. And it's not a bad thing. Libertarians of all sorts should stop sucking the balls of the Republican Party. That's mostly been the Ayn Rand influence on libertarian-individualist types, and far too many naive (though well-intentioned) libertarians have succumbed to the cajoling Republican Establishment.  It's also an appeal, essentially, to the logic of voting for the lesser of two evils, which, I will admit, Romney might be. But the power invested in the executive branch itself is pure evil. Knowing that Johnson doesn't have a chance in hell of winning is actually a comforting feeling for me. I can now reply to the cult of voting freaks in America, "I did my civic duty and voted" and at the same time will get sleep knowing that, whoever the evil son of a bitch occupying the White House for the next 4 years will be, I had no part--aside from forced taxation--in aiding that slimy ass-cruncher.

Also, individualists, libertarians and anarchists should take advantage of a Romney loss by rubbing it in the face of the Republican Establishment. See here for more detail as to why.

Don't feel bad if you didn't vote. Statistically your vote doesn't matter in the first place, and second of all, you probably did your soul a favor saving it direct involvement with the American political process.


No comments:

Post a Comment